Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

4 + 3 = I LOVE Running


Today was National Go Hug a Runner Day - aka Go HARD!!!!!  SO, I did.

Last night I went out for a 4 mile training run with fellow Team In Training members and even got to meet a fellow Marathon de Paris runner - we ran 4 miles and we pushed each other which felt great.  I realized how much I love training and running with other and not just by myself.  I still don't like to run on a Treadmill aka Dreadmill next to someone but will run training runs and races with people on either side - LOL tooo funny.  I haven't run with training partners since High School and have done all of my current training for the past 10 months by myself.  WOW what a difference it makes when you train with someone.

The 4 mile run was followed by a Kick Off Conference Call and I learned a lot of things I needed to know and will learn many more - Note to self - renew my passport!!!!

Tonight I went out with some fellow Mama's from my Moms RUN This Town Running Group and we met up and ran a 3 mile fun run for G.O. H.A.R.D.  Globally Organized Hug A Runner Day!  I gave and took hugs from fellow runners and loved every one of them!  I love sharing my passion with others that love it as much as I do.

Tonight my CRAZY Awesome Friend Trisha pushed me and she didn't even realize it at first.  When we started out - she was a bit ahead of me and I kept her in my sights and kept the pace with her.  It was what I needed again tonight.  I love running with her and to be able to keep pace with her makes me realize that I am improving.  I am by no means a Kenyan nor will I ever be one but to run with my friends that push me and will support me - that is better than winning a prize purse.  Like I have said before - my prize is my health.  YAY!

Tomorrow will be another training run - how far?  I don't know but I do know I will enjoy it.  It is going to be a Fun Run with Fit2Run at the Orlando Florida Mall.  Saucony will be there and we will get to run in THEIR Shoes.  I currently DO run in Saucony Kinvara's and really do like them.  I am interested to see what they are bringing for us to run in tomorrow.  When Nike did this - I really liked their Lunar's but my toes don't - LOL Another good thing about running in their shoes - if it rains again like it did tonight - I don't have to get MY shoes wet or dirty!!!

And with that - I am out!  To quote Trisha - I hope you all have a Crazy Awesome day and with that, Runner Babe is out!

Tomorrow we will see what we run - and what shoes we run in.  It is like Christmas or your birthday -

I hope that you are enjoying my posts, and I hope that you will follow me at the following as well:

pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/paris14/lsouthard

Happy Running!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment