Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Back to Back - AGAIN!

Finished the back to back weekend and had a BLAST!!!!  I was able to spend time with my fellow Mama's, my daughter Shannon and get in some amazing runs.

Like mentioned before - I ran the Peace Love Cure 5k on Saturday with my Moms RUN This Town Mama's.  I had a great time and won my prize - HEALTH!!!!!

Saturday I spent it with Shannon and Derek and then took Shannon with me to the Sunday Orlando Runner's Classic.  I couldn't justify spending $8.00 for just myself to park so I brought Shannon along because she was off from work - SO she thought - LOL

We get to the race and Shannon is showing me the Bear from Build A Bear and she ends up getting to work a few hours with her co-workers because they ended up needing her!  Go Linda, Go Linda!  LOL

The race started and I had an amazing time.  I ended up cutting off 6 minutes from my personal best to make a new PR at 59:30.  I went in with the hopes of getting in at an hour and when I saw the clock, I KICKED IT IN!  I ran it like I owned it and wasn't going to share it!


I then grabbed me some chocolate milk which is amazing after a race and went for a hug - Bearmey didn't mind that I stunk even! 


Then - off to the Expo!  

For a race that was benefiting a food bank - let me tell you, they really know how to feed you and take care of you.  I really did enjoy all of this and the weekend as well.  

I was telling Shannon that when I do these back to back races within a 24 hour period, I use them as training runs.  I have the Goofy Challenge coming up in January so doing this is GREAT practice and training. 

I'm thinking that today I may just have been the most fashion fauxpau runner of the day!  LOL I love my loud shoes and my skirt - thank god I washed clothes at Shannon's and my bright colors.  

Well - tomorrow will be a rest day - because I have a 12 hour shift to work and didn't get my Ibuprofen in before 7 p.m.

Tuesday we are back to running and will be trying to talk Angi in to the weekday runs as well.

Till then - Night all and as Mama T would say - Have a Crazy Awesome Day!

Crazy Awesome Running everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment