Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I am a TEN!!!!! Ten Miler Finisher that is!

I like it when I am a Ten.... Ten Miler Finisher that is!!!!!!  

When you are a finisher of anything, you are a Ten.  We have Ten more miles in the books now!  YAY!!!!

This past Sunday we ran the Masters of All Terrain 10 miler and we actually had a good time.  This was the first time I have ever run a Trail Run and was actually impressed with the time I finished in.  '

The last time I did a 10 miler was the Disney Hollywood Studios Tower of Terror 10 Miler.  I did that without any training and practice and finished it in 2:23.  I was happy and impressed with that.  Who wouldn't be really - you know - no practice etc.  So Sunday I ran the Masters of All Terrain 10 Miler at the Seminole State Forrest.  This was the first Off Road Race I have done.  I enjoyed it and at the same time - hated it - LOL

I realized a few things while I ran however:

* I can not run without music - My iPod died at Mile Marker 4,  That left me with 6 music less miles to run.
* I was sweating and contemplating taking off my shirt to run in just skirt and sports bra - Then I realized that 95% of the US was freezing.
* The guy in front of me - really nice butt - He was also soooo funny.  
* I do NOT like Muscle Milk
* Gatorade is my friend
* If I don't brush my hair - It is ok - because it is a hot mess when I finish so hey - who cares?!?!!?  LOL
* I have never run with a camel back and now I know why.  UGH!  That is one of the reasons I didn't take my shirt off, I was afraid it would chafe my back.  

I finished my run in 2:24 and seeing as that was only 1 minute longer than Disney - That is AMAZING.  See Disney was road race - Masters was NOT!  

Masters started out on a dirt road for about 3 miles - Then we turned on to another dirt road - If it hadn't of rained that morning - it would have been a Sugar Sand road - NOT fun!  We then came to MM4 - this is where it got interesting.  After a brief Gatorade stop and the realization of CRAP - My music died - we went on to a single track hiking trail of hills and roots.  This was the most beautiful part of the run.  I realized I would like to take my bike up there and ride one day.  The rest of the race was single track but it was still really nice.  I really did enjoy this race and can't wait until the 3rd and the 4th in the Hog Wild Run in the Wild Series Off Road Series.  

What is really good is that I placed 3rd in my age group.  I was really excited about that and hope to better it at the 3rd and or 4th race - wooo hoooo yay go me!  LOL

If you are interested in running an off road race THIS is the one for you.  Nick puts on an amazing and beautiful course.  The atmosphere is amazing - the Runners all make it an enjoyable event and we all run it having a fun and enjoyable time.  There are amazing medals and everyone gets one, as long as you finish it.  They also have really nice and comfy shirts as well.  


Here are the Mama's that I ran with - we all finished and we all got our medals.  


No comments:

Post a Comment